viernes, 4 de noviembre de 2011

Central Park, Belvedere Castle

This post is a little overdue, but sometimes life obligations (like work and school) get in the way of hobbies like blogging. A few weeks ago I took a trip to Central Park. It wasn't one of my most glamorous adventures, but I always enjoy visiting my city's biggest park. There's always something new to see and experience.

During this visit I finally made it to the Belvedere Castle. The castle is a bit of an anachronism right in the center of New York City. The architecture alone is incredible to behold. From a distance you can see the Belvedere Castle perched beside the lake and take in its majesty. From next to its walls you can appreciate the intricacy of the castle's stonework and the beauty of every angle. With its Gothic influence, I couldn't help but feel drawn into history. I wondered about life in a time when castles like this served a purpose beyond entertainment. What was it like to hide behind stone walls during an attack of cannon fire? How did it feel to enter such a place as a guest of its residents? My mind continued to wander as I snapped photos like the tourist I am.


I ended my trip to Central Park with a visit to the famous Bow Bridge. The ducks fished for their dinners and tourists paddled their canoes. I watched the canoes slowly drift by and listened as their occupants laughed and enjoyed the evening. I even had the good fortune to see a gondola pass by, its passengers a newly wed couple and its gondolier serenading them with romantic Italian songs.


Central Park can be one of the most serene places in this bustling city. After just a few minutes I can find myself lost in thought as I try to navigate the maze of sidewalks and pathways. I usually get lost along the way, but I'm always refreshed after my visit to this sanctuary of nature in one of the biggest cities in the world.

1 comentario:

  1. Wow, its almost like if you were there alone, I liked this a lot, I am glad I did went there that day with you and we had fun.

    It is a great park.

    ResponderEliminar