miércoles, 7 de septiembre de 2011

Central Park Zoo

My summer has been jam packed with school, work, traveling, and exploring NYC, which unfortunately has left me with little spare time for blogging. Time to remedy that.

Back in July I had my first opportunity to visit the Central Park Zoo. It was a little confusing to get there, but I eventually found it (after being guilted into giving money to a homeless guy who gave me directions). The zoo is relatively small, which is actually quite nice since it's much more manageable and you can see all of the animals. June seems like the perfect time to go since all the fresh flowers were in full bloom.


I was pleasantly surprised at the number of exotic animals the little zoo has. I expected monkey, iguanas, snakes, maybe even a leopard, but the Central Park Zoo had a Red Panda (which looks a little like a huge fox), a pair of seals that gave a nice vocal presentation for the visitors, complete with an impromptu swimming display, and there was even a polar bear. There was an owl, penguins, and a little fly that decided to be my friend.



You can leisurely walk the entire zoo and take all the pictures you want in just a couple hours. You can end your zoo visit with a day in Central Park, maybe even a bicycle tour, and you're guaranteed one of those days of that you can look back on and smile.

1 comentario:

  1. I really enjoy reading this one Lauren, maybe for the next time you can add the recording of the seals doing their vocal thing and definitively you need the pic of the fly, its really good :)

    ResponderEliminar